PCR Test Saliva
PCR Test Saliva detects if there is a COVID-19 infection with a simple saliva sample with the mosts confidentiality and highest level of reliability.
This test is intended for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid in saliva sample and allows to know if the patient is infected by coronavirus with the same reliability as with the usual nasopharyngeal exudate (99%).
A positive result confirms the detection of the virus. A negative result does not always mean absence of the virus as it depends on the viral load of the sample. If a negative result is obtained from a patient with a high suspicion of SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, it should be confirmed with a new test.
- A new way: simpler, more comfortable and suitable for all ages.
- We will send youeverything what you need to your home, with the instructions for use.
- You will need to deposit a saliva sample (without mucus or sputum) in an empty tube. Subsequently, add a preservative solution, close the sample and notify us to collect the test.
- 24/48 hours of the reception in our Laboratory you will receive an SMS to consult your results in PRIVATE AREA.
- You should not eat, smoke, chew gum, or drink anything for at least 30 minutes beforehand.
- You should rinse your mouth with water and wait for 10 minutes.
- Massage your cheeks and rub your tongue on the roof of your mouth to stimulate the secretion of saliva.
- Sample: saliva
- Delivery: 24 / 48h after reception of sample in Laboratory.