The Bioanalysis/Pharmacokinetics unit performs analysis of drugs and metabolites in the biological matrices (plasma, serum, urine, tissues) of any animal species. It has proven experience in the development and validation of analytical methods for a wide variety of molecules, and in their application to analytical studies, always adapting to the time constraints set by the veterinary pharmaceutical industry.
Since 1998, the GLP Compliance Certificate has been available for analysis of drug levels and their metabolites in biological specimens. Recertification in July 2007, Certificate no. BPLI/0707/008/CAT.
In addition, the unit carries out its activities following these norms and recommendations:
- OECD, Principles of Good Laboratory Practice
- FDA Guidelines: Bioanalytical Methods Validation for Human Studies
- Notice to applicants Vol.8
- LC/MS/MS systems
- Atmospheric pressure ionisation (API) with chemical ionisation and electrospray
Fields of action
- Depletion studies
- Residue studies in animal tissues
- Research into new drugs