The main activity of this unit of Echevarne Veterinaria consists of the analysis of the most common determinations both in blood (glucose, transaminases, creatinine, cholesterol…) and in urine (urinalysis, urinary sediment...), which in many cases provide decisive data to guide the diagnosis of diseases and allow the follow-up of critical patients: geriatric, chronically ill, animals included in studies, etc.
The laboratory also analyses other more specific parameters, known as special biochemistry, which is used to describe control enzymes in some animal species (sorbitol dehydrogenase, glutathione peroxidase, etc.). The determination of fructosamine or glycosylated haemoglobin (a very important parameter in the monitoring and control of diabetes in some animal species) or the determination of bile acids.
- Automatic biochemistry analysers
- Automatic urine analysers
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Electrophoresis in agarose gels
- Liquid chromatography (HPLC)
Fields of action
- Basic biochemistry
- Special biochemistry
- Biochemistry of biological fluids
- Electrophoresis, isoenzymes
- Protein electrophoresis and immunofixation
- Urinary sediment microscopy